Monday, June 8, 2020

Power of Love

Geeta Tripathi



Sometimes a small incident in life has a deep impact on us and makes us look within. I was a witness to such an act or I would rather say to the power of love. Few years back, the day after Om's death. I found lot of sparrows in front of his Puja room on our rooftop terrace. It was late afternoon, around 3 o'clock and the whole terrace was full of sparrows. They didn't fly away by seeing me. I was so close to them... yet they didn't move a bit. They were not chirping, very unusual for these noisy birds. I offered them biscuit crumbs but not a single one touched those. They stayed up to ten minutes or so or may be more. I lost count of time. Must have happened on the day of Om's death, too. I was not there to see on that day. This continued for more than a week and reminded me of Khuswant Singh's 'The Portrait of a Lady'.

1 comment:

  1. Now I have to read Khushwant Singh's Portrait of a Lady.

    ReplyDelete