Tuesday, November 10, 2015

My friend Geeta

Geeta,  

I don't exactly remember my first conversation with you.  We met as 10 year old's in class V.  Can't even recall when the friendship grew to the extent that we could feel each other presence even after leaving school in 1985.  It was only 8 years of my life with you that made a life time of memory!!

Time went by and after 1985, we ended up in different college then started on the journey of our own lives.  Didn't really stayed in touch that much.  But whenever I took a trip down the memory lane a warm and giggling feeling would fill up my heart thinking about time spent with you. 

Life moved on.  I got married, got busy building my life....my poor husband heard all my childhood memories over and over and over.  We met again after few years and learned that you were engaged to Tridib and will be married soon.  Met the love birds at Chandrama's house.  Was so happy for both of  you.  You both had the spark and the fuzzy feeling you know :-)

Time was rolling and life got even more busier and 1998 on my trip back home, learned that you are a proud mom.  Could not see you or the baby that trip.  Made many  more trips after that and met you and Tridib few times but never got a chance to meet Om.  But always had this special feeling about him. Om is your son, must be very special.....As technology advanced saw Om's pictures and then saw a video of Om singing. Somehow developed an invisible bond with him.  Didn't talk to anyone about but just had that special feeling.

I will never forget when I read Sipra's posting about Om.  I just froze and thought I was mis-reading, so took a deep breath and read it again, then again, and again....heart started racing fast and had the feeling of butterfly on the stomach.  Had your face flash in front of me,

Next few hours was mixed with sorrow, anger, and a feeling of loss.  Wanted to pick up the phone and call you right away then could not gather the courage.  What am I going to tell you?  Felt like there is nothing in the world I can say to make you feel better.  Tried to rehearse what to tell you......and finally gathered enough strength for the call.  Just after saying hello, I forgot all the rehearsal.  You said you were in in Om's room at the time and feeling his presence.  I guess I immediately felt the same because I was not as disturbed any more.  Just listening to you made me realize that how special you are!!  You did talk about Om the whole time and how you had a vision before his birth.  How you knew that he was a special child.  I just listened.....what a powerful and strong personality you are!  Almost unbelievable at times, so calm.  But I salute you my friend, your actions and reactions half way around the world from me has made me realize life.  To accept life....and I am very proud to be your friend.

Om Raja....you are so special.  I love you and your parents.  

3 comments:

  1. Neeta, you've expressed the inexplicable.... truly, on behalf of us dms'83 entire classmates. Spirit and strength shown by dear Geeta and Tridib is as rare as their son Om, now eternal and has belittled Fate!

    ReplyDelete