Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Durga Puja and Dussehra Memoirs

 Take 3 - Sid Padhi


When I think Puja during my schooldays, I think of sardines in an ambassador car. The sardines being my nine cousins and me packed into an Ambassador that took us on a tour of the pandals of Cuttack. No getting down. No parking space, anyway. But, those days cars were allowed. We took turns sitting on each other and coming up for air. It was a lot of fun. The puja pandals itself weren't as fun - going to Cuttack to see what I'd seen the previous year didn't excite me.

6 comments:

  1. I can visualize that... what you said..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's it? Just a paragraph?
    Where's the rest of it?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did Madhuri sing? terah karun din gin ke intezaar..

      Delete
  3. Super packed in the car. Yep, done that..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kataki Puja utsav is still the best in Odisha I think. Specially the days of Bhasani and the jam-packed streets

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ten in an ambassador car! Done that in an ambassador and a Maruti 800! And this is also what Durga Puja was also about! Great memory, Sid - I loved it!

    ReplyDelete